Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Serial Keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salsa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Serial Keys Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I like the product, and am looking at purchasing, so I have installed your demo version to try it out and see how it works. The problem I am having is that I want to use the serial number file, and fill it with serial numbers from my own licensing algorithm. I tried this, but the email that gets sent off to the customer only contains the word [Keys] rather than the next serial number. Is this because it is a trial version, or do I need to do something different ?

I just want to check that it works as expected for when I buy the full license.

Thanks,

J
salsa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have any answers on this question for me? Perhaps some guidance?
markdart

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what you are asking but my understanding of the key generator is that it uses the productInfo and the serialNo variables to generate the encrytped key. It also uses your password. In my custom generator I use the productInfo variable to encrypt the customer's first name and last name using the checksum utility like this:

data.ProductInfo = Infralution.Licensing.LicenseUtilities.Checksum(customer.FirstName + " " + customer.LastName);

This info is used in this routine:

public string GenerateKey(string productInfo, int serialNo, int maxAuthentications)

to generate your keys.

Are you sure you are generating your keys properly? When I use the [Keys] metacommand in html customer key emails IPN will plug in the long key value for the customer to use to unlock the features in my app.

I suppose the serial number could be whatever you like but the keys look like this (key strength of 20):

4D7A-D401-7F05-DF15-F01C-DACD-4809-F333-2031-AC7F-79A9-5910
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to generate keys using your own algorithm (instead of ILS) - is that correct?

The [Keys] placeholder in the email is where IPN.NET inserts the keys generated using ILS. If you haven't configured the ILS parameters for the IPN.NET product then there won't be any keys generated (hence the placeholder is left in the email).

If you want to use your own algorithm then you will need to make some source code changes to IPN.NET. This should be fairly straightforward - you simply have to replace the GenerateLicenseKeys method with your own algorithm. We supply the full source code for IPN.NET when you purchase a license.
salsa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I just wanted to dump a great lot of keys into the serial file, and have it send the next one on the list when it sends the email out. I understood it could do this, if you set up the entry for the serial file in the config, and put a bunch of keys in the file.

Am I being too simplistic? Or have I got it wrong entirely?

Thanks,

James
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IPN.NET generates the keys dynamically using ILS. It wouldn't be very difficult for you to change the source code to have it work the way you want - but that isn't however it works by default.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: