Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Authentication Server Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricTheViking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Authentication Server Error Reply with quote

I recently made a few changes to my network and now am unable to import authentication data in license tracker.

Have just upgraded to License Tracker 4.6.1 but the problem persists.

The error I get when trying to import authentications (Import Data from Server) is "An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the Authentication server for product XXXXX. Ensure that the Authentication Server Service is running. Do you wish to continue?

Error: Unable to connect to the remote server.

My Database in SQL2005 and is on a server named DATA1

My Authentication web services are on another server named WEB1

The web services are running fine and I can access them in a browser via their URL.

I recently moved the web services from DATA1 to WEB1.

Is it possible that the License Tracker is trying to still connect to web services on DATA1 instead of WEB1? If so where do I make the change?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you change the location of the authentication server then you need to change the "Authentication Server URL" in the Product settings. Double click on the Product in the Product Pane to display the settings.

You also need to change the license settings in your application code so that the URL is correct. Be aware that if you change the location of the authentication server then any existing compiled applications won't be able to authenticate any longer.
EricTheViking

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
If you change the location of the authentication server then you need to change the "Authentication Server URL" in the Product settings. Double click on the Product in the Product Pane to display the settings.

You also need to change the license settings in your application code so that the URL is correct. Be aware that if you change the location of the authentication server then any existing compiled applications won't be able to authenticate any longer.

Ok thanks for that - I would never have guessed to look there for the setting. made the change and all is working again.

My compiled code is Ok as I used an FQDN that I can re-point in DNS. When I first set up License Tracker a year ago I used a fixed IP for it.

Any chance you could review the layout of the config system for various parts of the Licensing system? I always end up digging around for settings and it's not very intuitive.

Would be good if you implemented a Tools->Options... menu that opened up a tabbed view for *all* options. Smile
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any chance you could review the layout of the config system for various parts of the Licensing system? I always end up digging around for settings and it's not very intuitive.

Almost all settings in ILS (including the Authentication Server URL) can be defined per product and so are configured using the Product dialog. The only exception (that I can think of) are import definitions - which are defined per distributor, and so are configured in the Distributor dialog.
EricTheViking

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
Quote:

Almost all settings in ILS (including the Authentication Server URL) can be defined per product and so are configured using the Product dialog. The only exception (that I can think of) are import definitions - which are defined per distributor, and so are configured in the Distributor dialog.

Is good if you can find it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: