Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reset Monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esanabia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reset Monitor Reply with quote

I have a user that appears to have installed my 30-day trial application about six months ago. I've created a utility that I send to users that want to extend their 30-day trial that Resets the EvaluationMonitor. He's run the utility and the EvaluationMonitor successfully resets, but he still can't run my app (states that the trial period has expired).

I've used this with other users to extend their trial with no problems. Not sure what's going on.

Any thoughts?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of code are you using?

It could be because the EvaluationMonitor.Invalid flag is set. In later releases this flag is only set if clock winding is detected - ie the customer tried to wind the clock forward when the first used the product and then turn it back again - however if they had done this then the Reset should have cleared the issue.

In earlier versions of the EvaluationMonitor if any exceptions (for instance because of no access to the registry) were caught then the Invalid flag was also set. The latest version of the EvaluationMonitor class also has explicit control over whether exceptions should be propagated to the application or just caught and ignored.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: