Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E401: Globalizer has experienced an unexpected error.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomClement

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: E401: Globalizer has experienced an unexpected error. Reply with quote

After completing pseudo-translation, I tried exporting, then canceled. I received the following error:

Quote:
E401: Globalizer has experienced an unexpected error. Please report details of this error to Infralution. Click Abort to exit Globalizer. Click Retry to attempt to continue. Click Ignore to ignore future errors of this type.

Exception: System.NullReferenceException
Description: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:
at Infralution.Globalizer.TranslationWindow_valuesTree_GetToolTipCellData(Object sender, GetCellDataEventArgs e)
at Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree.VirtualTree.OnGetToolTipCellData(Row row, Column column, CellData cellData)
at Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree.CellWidget.GetToolTipText()
at Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree.CellWidget.OnMouseEnter(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infralution.Controls.WidgetControl.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.WIndows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message &m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message & m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have a couple of questions and a request. Do you know what's going on and how I might change things to avoid this issue? If I ignore or retry and end up not crashing the application , what am I risking in terms of data corruption? The request is that if you'd like this to be reported to Infralution, it would be nice if I didn't have to type the text of the error in. Adding a copy to clipboard button on your NRE dialog would have saved me some time.

Thanks for your help,
Tom Clement
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to replicate this error. Can you reproduce it regularly? I will take a look at the code to see if I can deduce the possible problem.

Quote:
The request is that if you'd like this to be reported to Infralution, it would be nice if I didn't have to type the text of the error in. Adding a copy to clipboard button on your NRE dialog would have saved me some time.

If you use "Ctrl-C" while the dialog has focus it will copy the contents to the clipboard. But you are right this is somewhat hidden and it would be better to have a button (or maybe just some text telling people to use Ctrl-C ?).

Quote:
If I ignore or retry and end up not crashing the application , what am I risking in terms of data corruption?

Given that the error occurred in export and where in the code the error is I'd say there is minimal risk of corruption if you saved after the error. However it would be a good idea to make a copy of your original file before you saved and then (assuming you have used the uncompressed XML Workspace Format ".gxl") you can do a diff on the two files to ensure that you haven't lost anything. It is probably safer to use Retry rather than Ignore - because Ignore will suppress any further reporting of the error which may be significant.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've located the source of this error. It occurs if you expand a compound translation item (for instance a Size which has child Width and Height rows) and then move the mouse over the Scan Status column of the child rows (which don't have a scan status shown in them). The error can be safely ignored. We will include a fix for this in the next minor release.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue has now been fixed in Version 2.0.3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: