Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CellEditor.UseCellHeight issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MHB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: CellEditor.UseCellHeight issues Reply with quote

UniversalEditBox seems to ignore CellEditor.UseCellHeight. When using a TextBox, the height is correctly changed.

There is a problem with the 'correct' height change, though. When using RowBinding.AutoFitHeight and there is only one line of text to display, there is not enough room for a textbox editor. The result is that the cursor is not displayed, and the bottom of the text is invisible. When activating an editor (and RowBinding.AutoFitHeight is true), the row height should probably be recalculated, and the editor should have a minimum height, as well as the ability to grow to cell height.

I think I've spent my posting quota for today now Wink
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

UniversalEditBox seems to ignore CellEditor.UseCellHeight. When using a TextBox, the height is correctly changed.

Makes sure that the AutoSize property of the UniversalEditBox is set to false (expand the control properties) otherwise it will ignore the attempt to set its height.

Quote:
There is a problem with the 'correct' height change, though. When using RowBinding.AutoFitHeight and there is only one line of text to display, there is not enough room for a textbox editor. The result is that the cursor is not displayed, and the bottom of the text is invisible. When activating an editor (and RowBinding.AutoFitHeight is true), the row height should probably be recalculated, and the editor should have a minimum height, as well as the ability to grow to cell height.

Try setting the MinRowHeight property on the tree to prevent the rows getting too small.
MHB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
Makes sure that the AutoSize property of the UniversalEditBox is set to false (expand the control properties) otherwise it will ignore the attempt to set its height.

That was it! The default is true... But with a textbox this property doesn't make any difference?

Infralution wrote:
Try setting the MinRowHeight property on the tree to prevent the rows getting too small.

This is indeed a workaround, but then all rows become unnecessarily high when not showing an editor, and hence fewer rows can be displayed at a time. The UniversalEditBox manages to be usable without increasing MinRowHeight, but that's because it always shows the text vertically centered, and I haven't succeeded in making it multiline.

I think it would be a nicer solution if activating an editor in a row increases the height of the row by twice the border width of the editor Smile
MHB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, when using TextBox, pressing ESC cancels the edit and reverts to the old value. UniversalEditBox seems to handle ESC the same as Enter, ie. it saves the new value regardless. This makes it impossible to undo a change.

A bit off topic, but I thought I'd started enough new threads for the time being Wink
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've tracked down the problem with Esc and UniversalEditBox. It actually wasn't saving the changed value - it just wasn't redisplaying the original value. We will be releasing a new version in the next day or two.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 2.1.0 has now been released fixing this issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: