Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you have multiple prices for the same product?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techtoniq_matt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Can you have multiple prices for the same product? Reply with quote

I have a product with a base price then postage for UK, Europe and Worldwide. So the same product IPN number on Paypal can have three different prices depending on which postage option the customer selects.

Is it possible to set this up in IPN so that it will accept any of the three prices for the same product ID when the sale is imported? I'm worried that I will get rejections for "invalid price" errors during the import.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the simplest way to achieve this is by using a separate PayPal item_name/item_number for each option. You can create a base product in License Tracker then create 3 Product Variants each with different IPN.NET data (ie a different item_number/item_name and price).
techtoniq_matt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to do it with a drop-down list on the "add to cart" button - I don't think this allows you to specify a different item number for each option, that's the problem. I don't want three separate "add to cart" buttons under every item on the shop page.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may need to write your own drop down/scripting to achieve this (instead of using the prepackaged PayPal dropdown). Alternatively since we do supply full source code for IPN.NET when you purchase you could possibly modify it to achieve what you want.
techtoniq_matt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks will look into that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: