Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

30-day money back guarantee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: 30-day money back guarantee Reply with quote

We offer a 30-day money back guarantee to our customers. If a customer enforces this, is there any way to inactivate a license key that has been already issued? Thank you.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the FAQ on compromised keys:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=428
ravi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Single key - how many machines can it support? Reply with quote

Hi,
Scenario: I have generated a key [Authentication Type] and installed on a computer using this key. the authentication went through fine. Later, I used the same key to install on a different computer - once again, auth went through fine.
However, when I tried doing it for the 3rd time - it gave me a message saying "Maximum number of installations for this key exceeded."

Question: How many machines can use the same license key? [I looked into the Authentication DB - LicenseKey table and the MaxAuthentications for each of the keys is "-1" ]

What I need:

I should be able to control how many computers can share the SAME LICENSE KEY. How can I do that?

Thank you,

-R
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set the MaxAuthentications property for the Product (in License Tracker or the License Key Generator) before you generate the AuthenticationSettings.xml settings for the product. The default value is 2 which gives users some scope for moving machines etc before they have to contact you. You can also set the Max Authentications for an individual license key (from License Tracker). The value of -1 in the database means that the default Product setting will be used.
AlexKay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

may I add an additional question that goes in that direction?

If a user decides to uninstall his License(Key), is the Auth-Server contacted and an additional installation granted on another machine?

If not, is the uninstallation's only purpose to install another license?

Best regards,
Alex
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If a user decides to uninstall his License(Key), is the Auth-Server contacted and an additional installation granted on another machine?

No an additional authentication isn't automatically given on uninstall. This is because the user could just save their license file and then restored it after uninstall - thus effectively creating an extra license. Even if you disabled the save/load mechanism and hid the license file on the users system they could do the same thing by setting a restore point, uninstalling and then rolling back.

Quote:
If not, is the uninstallation's only purpose to install another license?

It also allows a customer who has a legitimate reason for needing to shift the license to another machine to uninstall the license from the first. If you set MaxAuthentications to one then they will need to contact you to be able to authenticate the license on another machine. At this point you would instruct them to uninstall the license on the first machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: