Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Install.aspx error referencing AuthenticationServer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Install.aspx error referencing AuthenticationServer Reply with quote

I uploaded the Authentication server files and folders to my web site in the suggested /authenticate folder.

When I tried to execute Install.aspx the following message was returned by the browser:

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'AuthenticationServer.InstallForm'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Install.aspx.cs" Inherits="AuthenticationServer.InstallForm" %>

The AuthenticationServer.dll that contains the InstallForm class is installed in the /bin folder under the same folder as Install.aspx (/authenticate).

What changes do I need to make to get the Install to work?

Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you setup the /authenticate folder as an ASP.NET Application Root?

See the excerpt from help below to do this if you haven't.

Quote:
Use the website control panel to set this directory as an ASP.NET application root (typically the control panel has a Set Root check box that you can select). This allows the sub-directory to function as an independent web server application.

William Shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it's set up properly as a .NET Application Root folder.

The .NET settings show the version is .NET 2.0 and the associated URL is http://regentstreetresearch.ca/authenticate/, which is where the files and folders that were uploaded from C:\Program Files\Infralution\Infralution Licensing System\AuthenticationServer are located.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like something is broken in your ASP.NET setup. When you visit

http://regentstreetresearch.ca/authenticate/AuthenticationService.asmx

I just get the text content of the asmx file displayed ie

Code:
<%@ WebService Language="C#" CodeBehind="AuthenticationService.asmx.cs" Class="AuthenticationServer.AuthenticationService" %>

It appears as if ASP.NET is not serving the page.

I can replicate the error you reported initially if I delete the AuthenticationServer.dll from the bin directory. So maybe check the permissions and upload this again.
William Shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you're seeing is all the text that's in the .asmx file that I downloaded from your site when I started my trial.

Should I download it again, or is there a different way to get the file?

(The Install.aspx seems to be intact.)
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files you should upload to your server are installed under
C:\Program Files\Infralution\Infralution Licensing System\AuthenticationServer when you run the Licensing Setup. It might be worth deleting this directory and running the Setup again (with repair) to ensure you haven't corrupted them some how. Also check that you can run the local development server (using the Start Menu -> Programs -> Infralution -> Infralution Licensing System -> Start Local Authentication Server menu and then loading http://localhost:2142/AuthenticationService.asmx in a browser)
William Shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked with my web hosting service and they told me it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect.

In the mean time, I downloaded the InfralutionLicensing4Setup.exe file from your site again, deleted the AuthenticationServer folder and ran the Repair function of the installation. Everything seems to be back where it should be.

I will also upload the files to the web site again and wait till the 24 hours is up before trying it again.
William Shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My web hosting service investigated the problem (it took 4 days!) and told me that they don't support custom DLL's in .NET 2.0 for system integrity reasons:

"Please be informed the errors you've receive are due to our security level settings. We require all ASP scripts to be programmed in Medium Trust level. Also we do not support custom DLLs."

Is this a common problem with web hosting? I'm having difficulty identifying web hosting services that support ASP.NET 2.0, since most of them are based on Linux/Perl/Ruby frameworks to offer inexpensive hosting services.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is this a common problem with web hosting?

Setting medium trust is common for shared hosting (the authentication service runs happily under medium trust). I have never come across a host that doesn't support using binary dlls. This might be good for their security (although I can't see why) but doesn't do anything for yours.

Quote:
I'm having difficulty identifying web hosting services that support ASP.NET 2.0, since most of them are based on Linux/Perl/Ruby frameworks to offer inexpensive hosting services.

We generally recommend GoDaddy who are probably one of the biggest hosting services. The have very affordable ASP.NET plans - in fact if you won't be selling a huge number of licenses then you can just purchase a domain name from them (for about $US10 a year) and get a free ASP.NET website which is sufficient for running the Authentication service.
William Shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: