Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Syntax Coloring for HTML Translations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Syntax Coloring for HTML Translations Reply with quote

Now where we can use Globalizer.NET to translate HTML files, it would be great if we had syntax coloring for HTML in the Editor pane. I guess it's not possible in the translator grid, but I think it would be possible in the Editor Window, at least for the invariant text.

What do you think about this?
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds reasonable (I'm not sure about the difficulty of implementation). If you use the "Add ID Attributes to Translation Elements" (which I would recommend) then generally the only HTML elements that would appear in the Editor pane would be inline elements like <bold> and <italic>. It still would be nice if these could be syntax highlighted.
Daniel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree for normal text. But in our case the most complicated ones look like the following:
Code:
<span class="cmd"><a href="jump2">Initialize the machine</a></span>

We have more then one type of link. Normal <a> tags lead to another page (just as normal for web pages) and those formated as above are controlling our application.

I would be happy if it would be just as simple as here: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/edit/htmlricheditctrlssl.aspx for the invariant text, so the translator can see what text to translate. I think there is also a simple solution in this article http://www.codeproject.com/KB/GDI-plus/HtmlRenderer.aspx, but I didn't check it properly. HTH Daniel
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback and the links - we will look at this for the next minor (non-bugfix) release
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: