Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Dictonary for translations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdejong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Custom Dictonary for translations Reply with quote

Please excuse my ignorance on this one. We use a fair amount of specialized terms that we will have translated. Our desire is to be able to have a custom dictionary that Globalizer would use for specific terms.

I already see that when I translate one term and then use Ctrl+T it will fill the duplicates, but where is it storing this translation for the next solution that I load in for translation?

Thanks

Brian
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Globalizer.NET doesn't currently have an explicit "Translation Memory" - although this is something we have on the drawing board. You can however easily import common translations from another previous project. To do this use the File->Import menu and select "Match on Invariant Text". Note that this will only import when there is no existing translation for a matchinig item.
bdejong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how long before it is off the drawing board and in the application Laughing

This would be a very useful and effective feature that would go a long way to putting your application at the front of the line. While evaluating applications for L10N this was the biggest issue we had. While G.Net is working well for small applications the lack of a translation memory for consistent translations is putting it behind others.

Dont get me wrong, I am a big fan of your product. But in our applications which are used internally, we have common words in every application, and having to import files from a previous solution just to get the words is a concern for some here.

I look forward to this feature..I hope it arrives soon....
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably in the medium term ie months, not years and not weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: