Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Increment Serial Number from SQL Server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orgbrat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Increment Serial Number from SQL Server Reply with quote

I want to increment my serial number from my SQL Server database instead of getting it from the SerialFile ( EX: MyProduct.ser ). What is the best way to change this functionality in IPN.NET so it gets new serial numbers from the web site database? How do you tell IPN.NET to not look for a serial number file. Since I have already issued some licenses manually with License Tracker and it starts at 1, would you start your database seed at 1000, 5000 or 10000? What is the maximum serial number that ILS can handle? How does the size of the serial number affect the length of the license key? Thanks...
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally you would set IPN.NET to start generating serial numbers from a different start value then License Tracker. You can either do this by modifying the MyProduct.ser file and setting the next serial number to generate (for IPN.NET) or by editing the Product Key Generation settings in License Tracker and setting the Last Serial No (for License Tracker)

The maximum serial number depends on whether you have the "Use Short Serial Numbers" option checked. If this is checked then the maximum serial number is 65535 otherwise the maximum is 2147483647.

The "Use Short Serial Numbers" option can result in shorter license keys if you are also using Product Info. If you don't have ProductInfo then the keys will actually be the same length (because of the way that the cryptography quantizes data on 8 byte boundaries).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: