Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems importing sales data from IPN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccrooks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Problems importing sales data from IPN Reply with quote

I am having problems importing sales data into the license tracker from e-mails sent by IPN.net.

I am using the updated version of the import you specified in a forum post from 2006:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<Importer xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="XmlSalesImporter">
  <EmailSubject>Payment Notification</EmailSubject>
  <DateFormat>
    <string>HH:mm:ss MMM dd, yyyy PDT</string>
    <string>HH:mm:ss MMM dd, yyyy PST</string>
  </DateFormat>
  <PurchaseTag>Payment</PurchaseTag>
  <PurchaseReferenceTag>Transaction/txn_id</PurchaseReferenceTag>
  <PurchaseDateTag>Transaction/payment_date</PurchaseDateTag>
  <CustomerTag>Transaction</CustomerTag>
  <SalutationTag></SalutationTag>
  <LastNameTag>last_name</LastNameTag>
  <FirstNameTag>first_name</FirstNameTag>
  <CompanyTag></CompanyTag>
  <EmailTag>payer_email</EmailTag>
  <PhoneTag></PhoneTag>
  <FaxTag></FaxTag>
  <AddressTag></AddressTag>
  <Street1Tag>address_street</Street1Tag>
  <Street2Tag></Street2Tag>
  <StateTag>address_state</StateTag>
  <CityTag>address_city</CityTag>
  <ZipTag>address_zip</ZipTag>
  <CountryTag>address_country</CountryTag>
  <PurchaseItemTag>PurchaseItem</PurchaseItemTag>
  <ProductReferenceTag>Name</ProductReferenceTag>
  <QuantityTag>Quantity</QuantityTag>
  <TotalPriceTag>TotalPrice</TotalPriceTag>
  <UpgradeTag>Upgrade</UpgradeTag>
  <TrueValue>True</TrueValue>
  <FalseValue>False</FalseValue>
  <LicenseKeyTag>LicenseKeys</LicenseKeyTag>
  <LicenseKeyDelimiter>;</LicenseKeyDelimiter>
</Importer>

Every time I do "Import Sales from Inbox", or I explicitly do File->Import->Sales, I get "The product reference (MyProductPreview) could not be resolved to a product."

I have 1 product in the license tracker of the name "MyProduct Preview" (note that it has a space in it). I configured the IPN.net tab of the product with an item name of "MyProductPreview" (note that it does not have a space in it, maybe this is my problem). I have tried removing/adding spaces both to the Product name in the license tracker and the "Name" field in the XML without any luck.

Any suggestions?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably because you have not defined a distributor reference for your product. Open the distributor tab in License Tracker and expand the distributor you are using for importing PayPal definitions. You should see all your defined products listed under the distributor. For each product you can enter the Reference used to identify that product. In your case you should set this Reference to "MyProductPreview" which is the IPN.NET item name.
ccrooks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that was it. Thanks.

On another note, I noticed that it seems when you create a new distributor all products defined go under them. Is this the case? Can you restrict certain products from certain distributors. This might just be an academic exersize as we would control what actual products go to which distributor, but I was curious.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On another note, I noticed that it seems when you create a new distributor all products defined go under them. Is this the case? Can you restrict certain products from certain distributors. This might just be an academic exersize as we would control what actual products go to which distributor, but I was curious.

That is just so you can define references to each product for a distributor (if you want to). It doesn't mean you have to provider the distributor with that product if you don't want to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: