Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RTF text showing up blank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregoryagu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: RTF text showing up blank Reply with quote

I am using RTF to format a cell.

It works fine on my dev machine. But once I install it via Install Shield and run, it shows up blank, even on the same machine.

Any suggestions? Maybe a license file is missing?

I thought at first it was because I had specified a particular font (Microsoft Sans Serif) so I took that out, but still, all I get is blank. I know the item is there in the row, because I have code the counts the rows, and the rows do exist. Just the RTF text is empty.

Greg
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your installation include the Infralution.RichText dll? If this is not in the same directory as the Infralution.Controls, Infralution.Common and Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree assemblies then the Rich Text may not display correctly.

I assume your InstallShield version is a release version of your app - are you sure that the release version is working correctly?
gregoryagu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the tips. Yes, it was working in the release version, just not in the installed version and it must be that the dll was missing.

I also found the trick of taking the programmatically created rtf and pasting it into a textfile and opening it with Wordpad to see the RTF. I can then tweak it from there.

Greg
gregoryagu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out the issue was with the obfuscation. Somehow the rtf code was being messed up so it would show blank.

Greg
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The object binding mechanism uses reflection to bind to properties of you data objects - this can get messed up by obfuscation. Generally obfuscators allow you to turn off obfuscation for specific classes or properties. Another way around this is to use programmatic binding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: