Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rich text with embedded objects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcelinovaras

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: rich text with embedded objects Reply with quote

Hello people,

I'm evaluating the VirtualTree and there is a point where I'm having problems: does VirtualTree render correctly embedded objects in rich text?
I have created a simple business object which some rich text fields. The rich text is generated with wordpad and pasted in the fields by hand. VirtualTree is well configured and displays all text formats correctly but e.g. a small bmp picture embedded in the text doesn't appear. Is that a bug, a feature or do I have forgot some setting?

Thanks.
Marcelino.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual Tree uses Microsoft's Rich Text renderer to draw the rich text. There appears to be an issue with version 2 of this component not supporting embedded objects. We will do some more research. What exactly do you need embedded images for - there may be another way to achieve what you want.
marcelinovaras

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally rich text (rtf) allows embedded objects like pictures, movies, etc. In my case there are customers using rich text with embedded pictures. I know I could use the functionality of displaying a picture in separated cell but that isn't the use case. In my case the rich text is in the database and normaly can be opened with e.g. notepad without problems. On the other side, I have linked as editor for this cell a richtextbox and in this component I can see the picture. When I leave the edit mode, the rendering component seems to not be able to render the picture.

regards.
Marcelino.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand. We will do some more research and get back to you. Unfortunately documentation on the RichEd20 library supplied by Microsoft is very thin on the ground and tracking down issues like this can be difficult.

One thing you could potentially do is set the CellEditor DisplayMode to Always. That way your data will always be displayed in the RichTextBox control which is not having the issue.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been able to resolve this issue and should have a fix that allows display of embedded objects in the next release. We should have this release out in the next day or two.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 3.11.1 has now been released and fixes this issue.
marcelinovaras

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! I will download and test it
marcelinovaras

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately it still doesn't work. The embedded bmp isn't rendered by displaying component. How can I send you my project?
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be the way you are embedding the image in the RTF. It is definitely working on the samples we have tried.

You can email your zipped project to support@infralution.com and we will try to find out what the problem is.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have tracked down this issue. Our tests had used smaller bitmaps however it does still fail with larger images. We should have a fix out in the next two days. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 3.11.2 has now been released and we have tested it successfully with large embedded images. Please let us know how you go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: