Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSI Localizing using MsiTranslations.gxz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benford

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: MSI Localizing using MsiTranslations.gxz Reply with quote

I am trying to localize an MSI file to contain all the VS supplied translations with the use of your MsiTranslations.gxz file.

However, once i do an import none of the strings are actually imported into the table.

I used this process

New project, choose save directory.
Add new MSI target (created in vs2008 .net 2.0)
Add the german language to the languge table.
Scan the whole msi file for strings.
Import the MsiTranslations.gxz file using "Match on invariant"

Then i am just returned to the screen i had after searching for strings. I presume it should have filled in all the german strings?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just followed the steps you outlined with the current version of Globalizer.NET (1.7.1) and the German strings were imported correctly. When you say "Add the german language to the languge table" you mean you added the language to the Globalizer.NET workspace?

Some strings, such as "[ProductName]" are not imported because they are the same in German as the invariant - but you are getting no strings imported at all is that right?

What Version of Globalizer.NET are you using (from the Help About dialog)? Do you have a licensed version or the evaluation version?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: