Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! / Working with Python

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdamon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Help! / Working with Python Reply with quote

Hello,

I am still pretty new to the development world and programming. I am brand new to the Licensing world. I was interested in purchasing you software to manage my licenses for my software. I am working in Python explicitly.

My first question is:
Is your software compatible with python or will it be in upcoming versions?

My second question is:
To use you software do you have to have a website and/or a server?

I have neither and am trying to devise a way customers can download trail versions of my software and/or be able to purchase full licensed versions. Doesn't have to be automatic, I don't have a problem with contacting customers, recieving payments, and supplying licenses myself, as I am by myself (just an individual trying to get into software development).

Thanks,
Kyle
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Licensing System requires the programming language to support or use Microsofts .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR). There are versions of Python that will run on or integrate with the .NET CLR. See the following links:

http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython
http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/

Certainly IronPython should be able to use the licensing library without any issues. Pythonnet promises to allow standard Python to use CLR methods so it should work as well but I don't have any experience with it.

If you use simple EncryptedLicenses then you don't need a webserver or website. If you want to use AuthenticatedLicenses (which can authenticate and lock the issued license to given computer) then you need a ASP.NET compatible website. These can be purchased from as little as $US10 per year with a domain name from web hosts like GoDaddy.
kdamon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! That helps a lot. Although, if you use an Encrypted License system, won't the customer be able to copy the license to an unlimited number of computers?

Thanks,
Kyle
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thank you! That helps a lot. Although, if you use an Encrypted License system, won't the customer be able to copy the license to an unlimited number of computers?

If you think this will be a major issue in your market then you should use Authenticated Licenses. As mentioned previously an ASP.NET compatible web site and domain name can be purchased very cheaply. If you need assistance with configuring the web service we can provide this for a fee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: