Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error Provider Refresh Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thnk2wn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Error Provider Refresh Issue Reply with quote

See the below image for an issue we are seeing with the error provider icon hanging around longer than it should.

I suspect this another issue with view / IBindingList / IBindingListView really only fully supported for System.Data.DataView. In looking at the VirtualTree code in Reflector, I do not see the support for these interfaces I would expect in ObjectRowBinding.

See also related post http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1257. For now I would assume I would need to hook into an event somewhere and manually call UpdateRow?

Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual Tree uses the IDataErrorInfo interface to get the errors (if any) associated with the object. For this to update automatically the data source must raise the IBindingList.ListChanged event to notify consumers that the object has changed. It sounds like your data source is not raising the ListChanged event when the error condition changes.
thnk2wn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I have the entity view raising list changed as below now. However the problem remains with the error provider not immediately going away. It seems the problem is not as bad after raising list_changed; now I only have to focus away from the row and focus back to it for the error provider to clear. Before it took several more steps but it still is not as immediate as it should be.

Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks similar to your original issues with binding to this data source - the ListChanged event is being raised on the overally entity collection view (but not on the individual collection of child nodes that includes the changed object).

What is your SyncDataSource_ListChanged handler actually doing when it handles the ListChanged event from the entity collection? If it calls UpdateRowData() then this should probably work - even if the sub-collections don't raise the ListChanged event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: