Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Product Information limitation in License Tracker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEdvalson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Product Information limitation in License Tracker. Reply with quote

The License Tracker application limits the length of the product information that you can enter to 20 characters. The Key Generator allows for much longer strings.

I based my app on keys generated by the Key Generator, and now I wanted to use the License Tracker, but I can't because of this limitation.

I would like to see this limitation removed or increased to 64 characters in the License Tracker. Otherwise I won't be able to use it at all.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next release (2.1) will increase the length of keys the License Tracker database can store to 255 characters (the maximum the DB can handle). This will allow the ProductInfo to be up to 100 characters. This release should be out within the next week.
DEdvalson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great,

Very Happy

I will look forward to it. That is exactly what I need.

Don
DEdvalson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about your earlier response when you said that

"The next release (2.1) will increase the length of keys the License Tracker database can store to 255 characters "

It occured to me that maybe you don't want to save the keys in the database at all. If you keep the password and the product information in the database, the key can be regenerated any time it is needed. This would reduce the size of the database.

Of course, I don't really know anything about the design of this software, but this was just a thought I had.

Don
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you pre-generate keys to give to distributors then we use the license key in the database to match keys in sales notifications from the distributor to created keys.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 2.1.0 has now been released and increases the length of the license key that can be stored by license tracker to 255 characters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: