Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating Nodes via Arcs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaherbert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Updating Nodes via Arcs Reply with quote

I'm using DataSet binding. I have two tables: arcs (maintaining parent/child relationships) and nodes (maintaining most of the data). I'd like to edit node info (and possibly arc info) in a tabular fashion based on arc relationships. That is, the linking relationship is parent/child in the arcs table, but most (all?) of the columns would be from the nodes table.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To understand the problem better it would be good if you could post a diagram of what your tables look like and another diagram/image showing what you would like the tree representation to look like.

Note that you can upload images to an image sharing website (such as photobucket) and then add a link to the image in your post if you need to.

If all of your data comes from one table then you should be able use DataSet bindings to load the CellData - however you may need to modify the way the bindings handle the relationships (by programmatically handling the GetChildren event) if these don't match up with the way you want to display the data in the tree.
jaherbert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The data will likely come from both tables. I think I'm better off creating a joined view on the database side. I'll reopen if this doesn't work out. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: