Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Different sized activation codes being generated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Different sized activation codes being generated Reply with quote

With the latest version of ILS (3.7.2), I'm getting different lengths of activation codes generated based on different lengths of usernames (productinfo).

My method call is as follows:

licensing.GenerateKey(7,password,regname, true,TextEncoding.Hex,serialNo)

I've tracked it to the payload size is being calculated from the productinfo + the clientData + the checksum lengths.

the encPayload size is calculated from the payload size + the password data size.

because the payload size is based on the product info, the actual data byte array varies in size creating different sized activation codes based on the users name.

Older versions did not do this previously.

Is this a known issue?

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thank you,

John R
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
because the payload size is based on the product info, the actual data byte array varies in size creating different sized activation codes based on the users name.

Older versions did not do this previously.

Is this a known issue?

This has always been the case. Because the ProductInfo is encrypted into the license key - the larger the ProductInfo the longer the key will be. Because the encryption algorithms use 8 byte blocks the key length grows in 8 byte blocks. This topic from Mar 2006 provides more detail:

Product Info characters => Hex digits = bytes
0-5 => 32 hex digits = 16 bytes
6-13 => 48 hex digits = 24 bytes
14-21 => 64 hex digits = 32 bytes
johnr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fault. I just realized my mistake was that with my new program I was passing in the username as the productinfo whereas with my old program I was getting the checksum of the username and using that. I've updated the new program and everything is back to normal.

Thanks,

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: