Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Licensing key to activate various levels of functionality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ftuttle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Licensing key to activate various levels of functionality Reply with quote

Can I use the licensing key to activate various degrees of dunctionality in a smart client application? Thus I can distribute one application and then depending on the licensing key used to authenticate a user, the application will expose varying levels of functionality.

THanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. To do this you include information in the ProductInfo when you generate the license keys. For instance if you have 3 different levels of functionality (say A, B and C) then when you generate the license key you set the ProductInfo to "A", "B" or "C". When your application reads the license key and can read the EncryptedLicense.ProductInfo and enable/disable functionality based on the content.
windy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use a different ProductInfo for different versions of an app won't the LICENSE_PARAMETERS be different? If so, how do you test the right ones in your app?

Do you have to do it sequentially? Ie first check if license exists for ProductA, then if it fails check for ProductB etc?

tx
windy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried the sequential method and guess the problem is that you have to either

a) get the user to select the product they want to create a license for (to ensure SetParameters is invoked for the right licenseParameters) or

b) add an extra character to the generated key and then calf off that character and use it to decide which licenseParameters to use or

c) add logic to handle multiple providers

Am I missing an easier solution?
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to generate new license parameters if you are only changing the ProductInfo. The same license parameters will validate licenses that have the same Product Settings (ie any of the settings in the Product Settings group box).
windy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks - I was obviously thinking too hard (or not enough)

w
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: