Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I set up Outlook integration, and error?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeAtSoftware

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: How do I set up Outlook integration, and error? Reply with quote

I'm using License Tracker 3.7.1.0 and Outllook 2007.

I'm a new user, and may be missing something obvious here, but I can't find any guide to what I'm suposed to do to integrate License Tracker and Outlook.

I clicked on the "Import sales from inbox", and got this error: "An error occurred while attempting to connect to Microsoft Outlook. Error - creating an instance of the COM component with the CLSID (etc) .. from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80010001"

Can anyone help with either fixing the error message, or letting me know what I have to do to integrate with Outllook?

Mike
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you actually do have Outlook 2007 installed on the same machine?

Do you have an anti-virus product installed? These can sometimes intercept and prevent applications using Outlook automation. See the following FAQ for instance:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=425
MikeAtSoftware

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I do have Outlook 2007 installed.

I also have Norton Corporate edition client runing on the computer which has Infralution and Outllook installed, but even disabling Norton does not change anything.

I've noticed that if I click on Outlook->Forward email, then License Tracker is correctly listing the different mailbox folders from Outlook, so that must mean that basic scripting/automation is working. What appears to have no effect or results in an error is clicking on Outlook->Import sales from Inbox. When I click on that option, what am I supposed to see? Do I have to setup something first?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting an error and getting nothing are two different circumstances. If you haven't configured your Dsitributor in License Tracker then License Tracker won't find any applicable emails in your Inbox and nothing will happen.

To configure the Distributor you need to select the Distributor in License Tracker and open it for editing. Then you need to click "Sale Import" tab and enter the XML Import Definition describing the sales data for the distributor. You can find samples of these for different distributors under the ImportDefinitions subfolder of Infralution Licensing System.

In the "General" tab you need to enter a Product Reference for each product. This is the product id/reference used by the Distributor to identify the particular product.
MikeAtSoftware

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Thanks - that's the information I needed and could not find. Is it in the documentation somewhere?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is in the "Using License Tracker" section under the heading "Importing Sales and Evaluation Data"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: