Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expand tree does not show child data the first time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murcia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Expand tree does not show child data the first time Reply with quote

Hello

in my application i have defined a dataset with two tables (One is the parent, one is the child). The tables are linked with a relation.
The parent is bind by bindingsource to the virtualtree.
During the form_load event I fill both tables with data.
When I start the application I see the parent table as a tree, but when I click the first time on the expand icon of a parent node, I see the child tree but without data. Only after I click on one row of this child tree I see the data for all childreen in that node.
After that for all parent nodes I see the correct child tree filled with data.

START APP
VIR TREE Step 1
+ parent1 <- I click on + (expand)
+ parent2

I get this
VIR TREE Step 2
+ parent1 # has 2 childreen
--- # no data
--- <- now I click on that row
+ parent2

VIR TREE Step 3
I get this
+ parent1
--- child1
--- child2 # that is what i want for step 2

Now I can click on parent2 and the child tree is shown correct as in Step3

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

Murcia
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little difficult to be sure without a sample project - but I think the problem may be that you have more than one column and have set the column ContextSensitive property for each column to true. Recheck how you have mapped the row fields to columns (in the VirtualTree editor Bindings tab) and turn off the ContextSensitive property. You should probably have just one column and ensure you map the field from each RowBinding to that column.

If you are still having issues then put together a small sample project that demonstrates your problem and email to support@infralution.com and we will be able to provide more assistance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: