Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to send a new key to extend the trial period?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Max

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to send a new key to extend the trial period? Reply with quote

Hi,

Is it possible to extend the trial period by just sending a new key? I am using the trial version so I am not sure if I have all the features available.

Hans
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trial key generator and license tracker applications will stop working after 60 days. Strictly speaking the evaluation is only for 30 days - however we give you a bit of leeway. We think 60 days is more than enough time to evaluate the software.

We don't provide extensions on this - but since it is the key generation facilities that are licensed it is technically possible to continue to use the licensing DLL to read licenses. We'd encourage you however to ask us if you have any questions about features you may need.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just realized you may not have been asking about the trial period for the Licensing System - but for your application and whether you could support extending your trial periods. Is this what you are asking?

You could do this by using the product Info to include the number of days that the license should be valid for. If your normal trial period was 30 days and a customers evaluation license expired you could issue them with a license with product info set to 60. When you read the license you could then get the product info and allow a longer trial period. If there is no product info then your license is not time limited.

The EvaluationMonitor class also a Reset method which you can call from you software by (for instance) allowing the user to enter a password which will reset their evaluation period.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I was indeed asking about how my application can extend the trial period. The suggestion with the product info is a good one.

Hans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: