Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Initial Setup.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunny_popali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Initial Setup. Reply with quote

Hi,

I am pretty new to infraluation system. I guess I have a very simple question. I am trying to built a new Website for my product which is accepting inputs like Name, Email & Organization Name. What I am trying to develop is When user will download his trial version an automated licence key should be generated specific to user data. But I am not sure how this is going to be implemented using Infralution Licensing System. Can you Please guide me with the steps how can I track this infor & I should generate a user specific Licence ? & email should be sent to user with his license code.

I am developing my website using ASP.NET & Using SQL database as a backend.

Thank You.
Many Regards,
-Sunny.[/code]
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not clear from your post whether this is a question about IPN.NET (which issues licenses for payments made through PayPal) or about Infralution Licensing System (ILS).

Are you planning to use PayPal as your payment processor and IPN.NET to handle issuing licenses?

If you wish to lock a license key to specific user data (eg organisation name) then you would typically include this data (or a checksum on it) in the ProductInfo of the license keys that you generate. To do this with IPN.NET you need to modify the source code (that we supply when you purchase) to generate the ProductInfo that you want - typically from information provided in the PayPal purchase. Because this requires a source code change you can't do this using the evaluation version of IPN.NET.

If you are not planning on using IPN.NET but are building your own payment processing and licensing issuing ASP.NET software then you can simply call the EncryptedLicenseProvider.GenerateKey method from you server application and provide the ProductInfo that you wish to embed in the license key. If you want to keep the generated license keys short then it can be a good idea to embed a checksum in the ProductInfo rather then the actual data - then have the user enter the clear text data and validate it using the checksum. The EncryptedLicense.Checksum method provides a convenient means of doing this. There are quite a few posts in the Licensing forums on this technique.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: