Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IPN Error During Key Generation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: IPN Error During Key Generation Reply with quote

I receive the following error from my IPN server:

<Quantity>1</Quantity>
<TotalPrice>49.95</TotalPrice>
<Upgrade>False</Upgrade>
<Error>Unhandled Exception: OverflowException Message: Value was either too large or too small for a UInt16. Stack Trace: at System.UInt16.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at _Default.GenerateLicenseKeys(PurchaseItem item, Int32 count) at _Default.ProcessPurchaseItem(PurchaseItem item, Int32 quantity) at _Default.ProcessSinglePurchaseItem() at _Default.ProcessPayment() at _Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)</Error>
</PurchaseItem>

I set the Last Serial No. file to 80001000, could this be the problem? I have also verified that both licenses are correct and installed in the Bin folder on the server.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Just a quick update...

Should have noticed the Int16 in the error message. Appears as though serial numbers are limited to 1 - 65,535. License Tracker even rolls over to 1 after reaching 65,535.

While I would have to be exceedingly successful to reach the upper limit Very Happy , some like to bury product info in the S/N rather than the license key. Any possibility of increasing the upper limit?

Thanks,
Chris
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The serial number here is the Infralution Licensing Serial number - which is used to ensure a unique identity for each license issued by the system. It is a UInt16 to keep the size of the keys issued reasonable small. The ILS and IPN code that generates the license handles the possibility of the serial number reaching the maximum and rolls over the serial number. If this happens then your license keys for that product may no longer be completely unique - however you can overcome this if you want to by including ProductInfo in the key.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: