Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Row class

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhofmann

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Custom Row class Reply with quote

Hello,

Would it be possible to have the ability to use a custom Row class inherited from Row, like it is currently possible with the cell or row widgets with CreateCellWidget etc... ?

I'd like to have my Rows implement an interface that would allow me to expose them to plugins for my application, without the plugins to have to be linked to the VirtualTree librairies.

Thanks in advance.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that should be possible - but will have to take a closer look. We'll put it on our feature request list.
bhofmann

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thank you.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have now released Version 3.6.0 of Virtual Tree. This release adds CreateRow, CreateColumn, CreateRowData and CreateCellData methods - allowing you to fully customize Row, Column, RowData and CellData objects by deriving new classes and overriding the creator method in Virtual Tree.

Note that while you can now have Virtual Tree create custom Row objects of a derived class, you still should not hold onto non-stack references to Row objects. The following quote from the online help still applies:

Quote:
In general you should not hold onto references to rows outside of the current call frame (ie don't store row references in member or static variables) because the Virtual Tree may decide to dispose of the Row object if it is no longer required. Calling the UpdateRows method will force the Virtual Tree to rebuild the row objects from the DataSource and dump any cached rows which are no longer required to support the current display.

bhofmann

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noted, I use the the RowDisposed method to remove any references so I should be ok.

Thanks a lot for the changes, It's a great relief to know that I'll be able to update the library without worrying about patching it every time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: