Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't get authentication server to recognize product

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slockwood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Can't get authentication server to recognize product Reply with quote

I have implemented the Infralution sample code into my project and created a new product and key using the License Tracker. When I try to validate the key, I always get the following error: "Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Argument.Exception: 'product' is not a valid Product Name", where 'product' is the product name defined in the Add Product dialog box.

It is as though the authentication server doesn't know about the product, even though it shows up under the "Products" tab in the License Tracker. I am not using a remote database, so I shouldn't have to import any information. How does the authentication server get the information about the new product? Directly from the License Tracker?

Any idea why the authentication server is not recognizing my product name?

Thanks!
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of possibilities:

1. You have changed the name of the product since you included the Validation Parameters in your code.

2. The validation parameters included in your code are actually pointing to different Authentication Server to what you think - for instance they might still be using the local Authentication Server but you have now moved the authentication server onto your website.

3. You haven't run the Install.aspx for the Authentication Server to configure it connect directly to the License Tracker database. If you haven't run this then by default the Authentication server will connect to its own local Access database - which won't have your product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: