Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

last event after an edit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmaeding

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: last event after an edit Reply with quote

I am using programmatic binding and a generic list of objects, and the last method that runs when a cell is edited is SetValueForCell.
If you have that return false it cancels the edit, otherwise you return:
return base.SetValueForCell(row, column, oldValue, val);

The test project we did a few weeks ago had this.
When SetValueForCell runs, it has not changed the object yet, and my goal is to serialize and save the underlying list to file after every change.

Is there a vtree event after the object has changed that I can place my SaveList call in?
Or must I use a bindinglist to watch the list for changes myself, and save then? Would I use the Infralution.common bindinglist, or system.component?
jmaeding

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like one way is to use the GetCellData method.
It will run once when filling in a cell, and once also after an edit.
If I set a flag like "EditPerformed", and switch it to true in the SetValueForCell method, which runs when the editor is changing a property, I can run something after a change.

I guess the biggest thing is I do not want to have to add in inotifychanged to all my object props to make bindinglist detect changes.
I wish I could set some flag in the SetValueForCell method saying if a change was to happen, then also have an event "EditCompleted" for the vtree that I could use to save the changes.
thx
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't you override SetValueForCell and call the base.SetValueForCell method first (which will change the value in the datasource) and then you can serialize your list after that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: