Joined: 28 Feb 2005
|Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:37 am Post subject: Version 6.0.0 Released
|Version 6.0.0 of Infralution Licensing System has now been released.
This release includes the following new features:
See the Release Notes for full details. You can download the installers for this release from our downloads page.
- Added Detect Cloned Computers option. If enabled, then a background thread re-authenticates the license and the authentication server checks that the license is not being used on multiple cloned computers with the same Computer ID. This option prevents virtual machine cloning or changing the name of a computer to allow a license to run on multiple computers with the same name. The option can be turned on or off on a product basis or for an individual license.
- Added Block Terminal Services option. This option can set for a product or an individual licence to prevent applications using the license running in a terminal services or Citrix session.
- Added Max Deauthentications period option. This option allows you to specify the number of days over which the Max Deauthentications limit applies. So, if the period is set to 365 days and the Max Deauthentications is set to 1 then the customer could uninstall and transfer the license to another computer at most once per year. After this they would have to contact support to get you to deactivate the license for them.
- Added explicit support for floating licenses to License Tracker. You can now set the number of floating licenses to include in an authenticated license in the Key Generation tab for the product. This allows you to work with floating licenses more easily within License Tracker.
- Added an alert to the Product View in License Tracker which is displayed if changes have been made to the Authentication parameters or IPN.NET parameters for a product and the remote server has not yet been updated with the changes. The alert includes a button to update the remote servers. This helps ensure you donít accidently forget to update the remote servers after making changes.
- Changed the Product dialog to lock product password parameters if license keys already exist for the product. This prevents possible errors when later trying to delete or modify the existing license keys.
- Added Backward Compatibility selection to Product dialog for authenticated licenses. This enables the user to select the minimum version of ILS that applications must be compiled against to be compatible with the authenticated license file. Features that were not available in the selected version are automatically disabled.
- Added new StartBackgroundReauthentication/StopBackgroundReauthentication methods. These support the new Detect Cloned Computers option. Developers should consider converting existing application that use StartBackgroundAuthenticationCheck to use this method instead. The method includes an option to specify the time span since the license was last authenticated. This enables the re-authentication to be done after a specified interval (eg once per day) rather than every time the application is run (reducing the load on the Authentication Server).
- Added overloaded RemainingAuthentications method that takes an EncryptedLicense (instead of an authentication key). This allows applications to call this method without having to store the authentication key.
- Added the Product Name in the CustomGeneratorData. Custom Generators for License Tracker and IPN.NET need to be recompiled for compatibility with version 6 of ILS.
- Added ability to select, copy and paste ProductInfo, AuthenticationData and ApplicationData in License Tracker
If you are using Authenticated Licensing then you must upload the new Authentication Server assemblies to your server and run the Install.aspx page to upgrade your existing authentication database to the current schema.
This major release is a paid upgrade. Details of upgrade pricing can be found at www.infralution.com/licensingpurchase.html
IPN.NET customers must upgrade to IPN.NET Version 4.0 for compatibility with ILS 6.0.