Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

System down, troubleshooting help needed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dopdahl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: System down, troubleshooting help needed... Reply with quote

Hi:

I've have IPN.net and the authentication server running fine with Paypal for some time now up on Godaddy.

Apparently about a week ago, something broke and although Paypal is processing transactions without error, authentications aren't occurring, customers are not making it into the databases, keys aren't being generated and emails are not going out to my customers...

So far, I've checked Paypal settings and it's still configured correctly.

I've verified that my servers are up. I was able to access and run AuthenticationService.asmx on my site and it seemed to work...

I'm looking for some help on what to look at next or some advice on how to best troubleshoot where the breakdown is.

Thank you very much.

Dave
dopdahl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: More info... Reply with quote

PayPal IPN history is saying that an HTTP 500 error is coming back...
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of ILS are you using?

Can you download authentication data from your authentication server using the Authentication > Import Data from Server menu?

Can you download IPN.NET data from your PN.NET server using the IPN.NET > Import Data from Server menu?

Have you checked that your IPN.NET page is also operating (by visiting the page in a web browser)? If you point a browser at the Default.aspx page for IPN.NET you should see a blank page with the title "Welcome". If you open the IpnService.asmx page you should see the web service definition.

Occasionally with Godaddy I have seen strange behaviour where the web server just stops working. The fix can just be to force the web server to restart by connecting to your site via FTP and renaming the Web.Config to Web.Config2 and then back again to Web.Config. Changing Web.Config forces the web service to be reloaded.

If you are still having issues then I would upload the web service binaries again (everything except the App_Data directory and Web.Config)
dopdahl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

Yes, everything appears to be running.

Using trace I discovered that an exception was being thrown trying to read/write the log files in ipn/log.

After using Godaddy's FileManager to reset the permissions on that folder, I was able to get an IPN Test Tool post to work (failed because product was bad) but no Error 500.

I just tested a live purchase on Paypal and this did resolve my issue.

Godaddy changes all the permissions on my folders a week ago and that was the problem.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: