Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error message authenticating a license

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Error message authenticating a license Reply with quote

One client couldn't authenticate his license, so he sent me the file. I couldn't authenticate the license either. I'm receiving the following error message. I use stand alone Access database, ILS 5.11. Please help.
"Error: Server was unable to process request. Operation must use an updateable query."
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That error usually means that the permissions are not set correctly on your website hosting your authentication server. The web service must have write permissions to the App_Data directory containing the Authentication.mdb database. If you are using a hosted web site then you normally set the permissions through the hosting control panel.

If you are self hosting then it is possible you don't have your permissions configured correctly for IIS. See the following post for a similar issue:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1403&highlight=updateable
Javier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. This solved the problem. It was working fine last week. This is the second time that the permissions in my authentication server change without apparent reason. I guess that when GoDaddy installs an update to the server, somehow the permissions are inadvertently affected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: