Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regarding ILS Features
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
The background AuthenticationCheck just calls IsAuthenticated - so if it is working then IsAuthenticated should also be working. IsAuthenticated won't stop your program it just returns true or false - it is up to you to determine what to do with that ie exit the application, display a message.

The user does not have to uninstall their license they can simply install the license key again. Installing a license key again on the same computer does not use up one of the users allowed authentications (even if the license was uninstalled). The limit applies to how many different computers the license key can be installed on.

You should not be editing the Authentication.mdb manually. Are you saying that the Authentication > Set Authentication Data method did not change the data in the Authentication.mdb. The only reason that this could be the case is because you have not configured the Authentication Server correctly using Authentication > Configure Server. Use this menu and check that the URL is correct and that the "Remote Database" option is selected.

Quote:
Btw the authenticationData is stored in the license not in the app is there anyway retreive it from the app incase i had an update so i don't have to edit all my clients licenses.

I really don't understand what you are doing with the data you are storing in the AuthenticationData. Generally if the data is the same for all customers then you would just compile it into the code as your own string or other variable (ie not use AuthenticationData or ILS at all for this). The only reason I can think of for not doing this is to provide some extra level of copy protection where you were distributing an evaluation application and wanted to ensure that some key parameters for a licensed function were not part of the application. Is this what your are doing?

Quote:
I need to add uninstall license button to my app but i cannot find the method in the help documentation or i cannot do it right.

The License Dialog has an uninstall button on it that users can use to uninstall their license. Your application should just provide a menu option to display the License Dialog.

As i stated before there's some variables i don't want to include it in my main app which will be stored on client device i need it always to be taken from the server, and that make me always change the variables as i like because they are aadresses for my application and it changes every while, so it'll be hard to force my client always to download new updates, i thought it'll be great if i can just keep it syncing with server data.

The other important thing that i need now is how to deactivate license and activate it again, and how can i show the License Dialog?

Last thing is there anyway to send update notification to my clients?

Sorry for my stupid and many questions but i was looking too long for a good Licensing Software like this to fit my needs and this app seems good enough for me but i have to make sure some features is included, Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As i stated before there's some variables i don't want to include it in my main app which will be stored on client device i need it always to be taken from the server, and that make me always change the variables as i like because they are aadresses for my application and it changes every while, so it'll be hard to force my client always to download new updates, i thought it'll be great if i can just keep it syncing with server data.

If the data is not really related to licensing (ie enabling features) then I'm not sure that using the AuthenticationData for this is a good idea. As you point out if it changes then you would need to update all of the licenses with the new data. I think a better option would be to write your own simple webservice to supply this data to your application.

You can deactivate a license key by selecting the license key in Licence Tracker and the selection Authentication > Deactivate. This will deactivate any existing authentications for the license key and set the MaxAuthentications limit for the license key to zero (preventing any further authentications). To reactivate the license key you select the license key and use the Authentication > Set Limits menu to change the MaxAuthentications limit back to the default value. The user will have to then reinstall their license key to reactivate it on a computer.

The sample projects show how to show the license dialog by calling the following code with the existing license:

Code:
AuthenticatedLicenseInstallForm licenseForm = new AuthenticatedLicenseInstallForm();
_license = licenseForm.ShowDialog(_licenseProvider, _license);

ILS does not have a notification mechanism built into it. You could build this yourself with a webservice.
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you that's all i needed to know, I just purchased ILS and got message says that my email is from free provider and i replied with my non-free email from my main website, if you can speed up the proccess i will be much grateful, thanks.
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have some issues implementing Infralution.Licensing.Forms source code to my project i get alot off errors and warnings, any tips on how to do this right?

Edit: Never mind i got it working after all and here is the steps if some one having same issue:

1. Include all files to your project prefer to make new folder name it as you like or maybe "Infralution.Licensing.Forms".
2. Right click on your project and click properties goto build tap you will see first field called "Conditional compilation symbols" insert this line into it: ILS_FORMS,ILS_PUBLIC_CLASS;ILS_CHECK_LICENSE
3. Select all "*.resx" files you imported it from Infralution.Licensing.Forms then right click and change "Custom Tool" field to: ResXFileCodeGenerator if you using C#, for VB.NET use this line: VbMyResourcesResXFileCodeGenerator

Now you should be able to compile the project without any problems.
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything seems to be ok but everytime i run the app i get this error http://prntscr.com/59d958
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error you are getting is usually because the resx file associated with the form (in this case the EvaluationDialog) does not have its build action set to "Embedded Resource". To fix this, expand the EvaluationDialog node in Visual Studio solution explorer and select the EvaluationDialog.resx. Then in the properties window ensure that the build action is set to Embedded Resource. Check this also for the AuthenticatedLicenseInstallForm and LicenceResources.resx. Normally when you add a (new or existing) form or resx file to a project Visual Studio will set this property automatically for you - I'm not sure why it hasn't for you.

Note that (as described in the Help section "Redistributables and Source Code") you also need to set the following properties for LicenseResources.resx:
  • Custom Tool: ResXFileCodeGenerator
  • Custom Tool Namespace: Infralution.Licensing.Forms

Cyb3r

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
The error you are getting is usually because the resx file associated with the form (in this case the EvaluationDialog) does not have its build action set to "Embedded Resource". To fix this, expand the EvaluationDialog node in Visual Studio solution explorer and select the EvaluationDialog.resx. Then in the properties window ensure that the build action is set to Embedded Resource. Check this also for the AuthenticatedLicenseInstallForm and LicenceResources.resx. Normally when you add a (new or existing) form or resx file to a project Visual Studio will set this property automatically for you - I'm not sure why it hasn't for you.

Note that (as described in the Help section "Redistributables and Source Code") you also need to set the following properties for LicenseResources.resx:
  • Custom Tool: ResXFileCodeGenerator
  • Custom Tool Namespace: Infralution.Licensing.Forms

I am sure everything was ok because i researched before i ask, but i had to make sure and done it as you said then i got more errors after changing Custom Tool Namespace see the image: http://prntscr.com/59h17y

Here's some pictures so you can take a bigger look at my project:
http://prntscr.com/59h1ft
http://prntscr.com/59h1c3
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still have a reference to the Infralution.Licensing.Forms assembly in your project? You have to remove this reference when you add the source code directly to your project.
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
Do you still have a reference to the Infralution.Licensing.Forms assembly in your project? You have to remove this reference when you add the source code directly to your project.

No i checked that, i know it sounds wierd but i don't know, i had to make like 3 projects till now without any luck, maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Edit1: Here's another image for the full project: http://prntscr.com/59h7q3
Edit2: I sent the project over PM for testing purpose.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that you have just added all the files from the Infralution.Licensing.Forms project to your project rather than just the specific files required (as detailed in the help section "Redistributables and Source Code"). The problem with doing that is that you have explicitly added the designer generated file LicenseResources.Designer.cs to your project. When you then set the custom tool property on the LicenseResources.resx file it automatically generates another version of the License.Resources.Designer file (which it renames to LicenseResources1.Designer.cs to avoid filename conflict). This causes the errors you are seeing.

To fix this:

1. Delete the LicenseResources.Designer.cs file from the project (and from disk).
2. Select the LicenseResource.resx file and right click to exclude it from the project
3. Save and close the project.
4. Reopen the project and add the LicenseResources.resx file back into the project
5. Set the Custom Tool and Namespace properties.

Closing the project and reopening before re-adding the resx file is necessary because otherwise Visual Studio will continue to use "LicenseResources1.Designer.cs" as the name of the file which you probably don't want.

Your project also has issues with the resources for the forms having become detached from the forms (ie they don't appear under the form as normal). This seems to be because the behaviour of Visual Studio has changed in VS2012/13. The ILS help tells you to add both the .cs file and the .resx file for the forms to your project. However if you do this in VS2012/13 then (unlike earlier versions of VS) the .resx file is included in the project but not associated with the .cs file. The solution is to only Add the .cs file explicitly. Visual Studio will automatically add the associated resx file. To fix this issue in your project:

1. Select the EvaluationDialog.cs and EvaluationDialog.resx file and right click to exclude them both from the project.
2. Add just the EvaluationDialog.cs back to the project.
3. Expand to confirm that the .resx file is now shown under the .cs file
4. Repeat for the AuthenticatedLicenseInstallForm
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
The problem is that you have just added all the files from the Infralution.Licensing.Forms project to your project rather than just the specific files required (as detailed in the help section "Redistributables and Source Code"). The problem with doing that is that you have explicitly added the designer generated file LicenseResources.Designer.cs to your project. When you then set the custom tool property on the LicenseResources.resx file it automatically generates another version of the License.Resources.Designer file (which it renames to LicenseResources1.Designer.cs to avoid filename conflict). This causes the errors you are seeing.

To fix this:

1. Delete the LicenseResources.Designer.cs file from the project (and from disk).
2. Select the LicenseResource.resx file and right click to exclude it from the project
3. Save and close the project.
4. Reopen the project and add the LicenseResources.resx file back into the project
5. Set the Custom Tool and Namespace properties.

Closing the project and reopening before re-adding the resx file is necessary because otherwise Visual Studio will continue to use "LicenseResources1.Designer.cs" as the name of the file which you probably don't want.

Your project also has issues with the resources for the forms having become detached from the forms (ie they don't appear under the form as normal). This seems to be because the behaviour of Visual Studio has changed in VS2012/13. The ILS help tells you to add both the .cs file and the .resx file for the forms to your project. However if you do this in VS2012/13 then (unlike earlier versions of VS) the .resx file is included in the project but not associated with the .cs file. The solution is to only Add the .cs file explicitly. Visual Studio will automatically add the associated resx file. To fix this issue in your project:

1. Select the EvaluationDialog.cs and EvaluationDialog.resx file and right click to exclude them both from the project.
2. Add just the EvaluationDialog.cs back to the project.
3. Expand to confirm that the .resx file is now shown under the .cs file
4. Repeat for the AuthenticatedLicenseInstallForm

Thanks for your time buddy, but it never worked with VS2013 so i tried VS2010 and it worked flawlessly, then i saved my project and opened it in VS2013 without any probelm, i think VS2013 has major issues, thanks again for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: