Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Managing targets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Managing targets Reply with quote

I am trying to get a better understanding on how Globalizer manages workspace targets.

When creating a new workspace and select "Target | Add | Visual Studio Solution", the solution is parsed and all projects (targets) are added. If I have targets that do not require any translation, I can "Remove" or "Remove and Exclude".

I close Globalizer and continue with my VS development adding a new project.

Now open Globalizer and Scan, the newly added project is not found, nor are the targets that were "Removed" (not "Remove and Exclude"). Do I need to manually add new projects?

If I remove a project from my VS solution, Globalizer properly warns me that it can not find the target and I can then manually remove it from the Globalizer workspace as expected.

Finally, when I do "Remove and Exclude" I do not see the target listed under the Workspace Excluded Targets list. Should it have?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Globalizer allows you to add all the Projects in a solution using the Target > Add > Visual Studio Solution menu. It doesn't really have a concept corresponding to a solution - so if you add a project to your solution you will need to manually add it to Globalizer as well.

For projects Remove and Exclude is effectively the same as Remove - since they don't have a parent target that will cause them to be rescanned. For other targets (such as forms, resx files etc) when you remove and exclude them they will show up in the Excluded Targets tab for the parent target.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: