Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remote Console

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juwi_uk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Remote Console Reply with quote

Hi

I purchased Infralution Tracker and have installed it on my Server where the DB is also located and it seems to be working OK (IPN.Net isn't but that's a different thread).

Question is, is there a way to have a second remote console for License Tracker running on a separate machine? Ie I want to be able to fire up on my normal workstation to monitor and generate keys etc without needing to have to RDP onto the server to do this.

I don't want another install, I just want a remote console for my server installation.

Possible?

Julian
juwi_uk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry put this in the wrong forum; should be in License Tracker Support forum.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can connect to the SQL Server instance running on your server then you can just install ILS on your local machine and configure License Tracker to connect to the SQL Server instance.

You don't actually need License Tracker installed on the machine running the database.
juwi_uk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so I guess you are confirming I cant have additional UI only console on another machine.

So I just need to clarify a couple of things then:
1. For tracker do I just uninstall the license from my server version then and then apply it to my dev/main PC version of tracker (currently in eval mode)? Can I then safely uninstall from my server without breaking anything.
2. On my server I have my DB, Authentication and IPN virtual directories; I'm confused how licensing affects these.
a) For tracker, now I've moved the UI will the Authentication service still work
b) for IPN I installed the license via Install; presumably that is locked to the server machine name which is fine BUT presumable that means I cant also have the IPN test tool on my dev/main PC as that would mean server-side web service and test tool across 2 separate machine names?

Can you advise or is it just best to leave all on server.

My only problem with that is then the test apps etc accessed via the UI aren't accessible as I don't have Visual Studio installed on the server. Not insurmountable as I could copy the solutions over but nice to get it all working well before I go live.

Julian

[/list]
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You can just uninstall the license from the server - you don't have to uninstall the software. But as long as you copied the files for Authentication Server and IPN.NET Server to IIS virtual directories on your server then uninstalling shouldn't break anything.

2. The authentication server doesn't require a license to run. For IPN.NET the server license is locked to URL domain name. We allow your IPN.NET license to be authenticated on 2 machines (ie your development machine and the Server URL).

Normally you would install ILS and IPN.NET (and licenses) on your development machine and then just copy the content of the server directories to virtual directories on your server. For IPN.NET you also need to install the license for the server (by running the Install.aspx page via the same URL used to access the page externally).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: