Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ThreadAbortException

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FUB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: ThreadAbortException Reply with quote

Hi.

We have been using the IPN license generator successfully for some time, but recently we have not had any emails sent, nor any keys generated via the IPN product.

On checking the logs we get the following error message in the xml file after the closing </Transaction> tag:

<Error>Unhandled Exception: ThreadAbortException Message: Thread was being aborted. Stack Trace: at _Default.VerifyPost() at _Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)</Error>

Can you shed any light onto what might be happening?

Thanks

FUB
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very strange. The IPN.NET code does not ever explicitly throw that exception so it must be being thrown by a system call.

Does the error occur in the same location (stack trace) every time?

Have you tried forcing the service to restart by re-uploading the binaries to the server (everything except the App_Data folder) and then run the Install.aspx page again?

Because the service was working OK it suggests that there has been a configuration or some other change on the system that has caused the problem.
FUB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the feedback.

I've re-uploaded the files, and the web.configg, so the service should have restarted, but we are still receiving the same error.
(I don't have an install.aspx file in my IPN.Net folder?)

The authentication service is running fine on the same server, so as far as I'm aware nothing has been changed.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to someone with the same issue after they changed servers:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16598945/threadabortexception-suddenly-appears-after-godaddy-changed-servers

From the code they posted they are also using IPN.NET. No solutions were posted - but since we haven't heard from them about this I assume they found their own solution. It might be worth contacting them.
FUB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I've still not got to the bottom of this.

I have tested with a sandbox setup on the same server, and that posts fine with no errors.
I switched on error reporting on the live server and made test purchases, but then got timeout errors. Though these could have been due to debugging being switched on!

Godaddy are suggesting upgrading to IIS 7.

Does the IPN.Net service run fine on II7 with .net 4??

My other option is to change hosts, but most hosts are also offering IIS 7.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using Godaddy's 4GH hosting plan? We have had numerous (different) issues reported in the past with this plan. A search of these forums will reveal these. It just does not appear to be able to support web services reliably. They do have what they call their legacy plan (which we use ourselves) which works without issue. Otherwise I would consider another host. IPN.NET will run fine on II7 and .NET 4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: