Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Domain limit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joecodino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Domain limit Reply with quote

I'm evaluating Xheo and looking for some better alternatives.
I need to licensing an asp.net application and providing a license with domain name limit and max pages/users allowed.
Is it possible with your licensing system?
Thanks,
Joe
joecodino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw in the example code (I've download the demo version) that I can create a custom generator dll with my custom values.
But I can't use the sample because after compiling the CustomGenerator_CS project and placed the dll in the LicenseTracker bin folder (tried in the executable folder too...), the LicenseTracker "add/edit product" window show only "Infralution.LicenseTracker.NameChecksumGenerator, LicenseTracker".
What's wrong? It's a demo limit?
Thanks,
Joe
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to just manually type in (ie not select from drop down list)

Code:
CustomGenerator.MyGenerator, CustomGenerator

Quote:
I need to licensing an asp.net application and providing a license with domain name limit and max pages/users allowed.
Is it possible with your licensing system?

Yes you can do this - you will need to implement the code that actually checks the domain name and counts users yourself. You embed the limit information in the key (as Custom Generator/Customer License samples do)
joecodino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pasting "CustomGenerator.MyGenerator, CustomGenerator" in the dropdownlist text field works. Is there something special to do to have it selectable in the dropdownlist?
Thanks,
Joe
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the idea of having the drop down list was that it would provide easy access to some predefined generators that work in standard ways. At the moment the only predefined generator we have is the NameChecksumGenerator which generates the product info as a checksum of the users name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: