Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I implement a fully automated licensing process?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: How can I implement a fully automated licensing process? Reply with quote

I am still playing with your demo and I am confused on how to create a fully automated licensing process for my clients.

Let me explain, my clients would download my application in demo mode for 30 days and If they want the full version, they would purchase a license from our website (so far so good).

1) How do I link this process to the licensing process?
2) what needs to happen so that the License Tracker creates a License for the client and send him/her an email (or the like)?
3) Do I need to create any other type of interface (i.e. ASP.NET app) for license generation?
4) Is this process manual?
5) Do you have a sample of such process?

I read in another post someone suggested a VIDEO TUTORIAL to show how your product works. That would be awesome.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

License Tracker is not an ASP application. It is a desktop application intended to allow you (the software author) to generate and track licenses. If you want to integrate license generation into your order process there are two ways you can do it:

1. Simply call the Licensing DLL EncryptedLicenseProvider.GenerateKey method from within your ASP code to generate a license. This has the advantage that you can incorporate client specific information into the license key in the Product Info field.

2. Generate lists of pregenerated license keys using License Tracker and then have your ASP ordering code simply allocate these.

If you wish to use license tracker to keep track of licenses then you can either generate an XML file containing sale/license details which can then be imported into License Tracker or you can write directly to the database.

Quite a few customers do integrate license generation with their ordering and may be able to give you some tips.

If you don't have a lot of experience with ASP then I would recommend using one of the third party distributors (like ShareIt) to handle the ordering process for you. They allow you to use either of the above approaches and will automatically email you an XML file containing details which you can import into license tracker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: