Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Datbase Error When Launching Infarlution
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tslewis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Datbase Error When Launching Infarlution Reply with quote

I have just got a new error message when launching Infralution. I can no longer open the program.

I do not understand why am I getting this error now. I have been using the program for four months with out this error.

Database Open Error

You may need to run the License Tracker Configuration Wizard again.

Error [DBNETLIB] SQL Server does not exist or access denied

I will re-run the wizard but I am concerned if it is going to overwrite anything. I am currently not using an authenticated license system

Id like to know why this is happening as I will switch to an authenticated license soon,
tslewis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Datbase Error When Launching Infarlution Reply with quote

tslewis wrote:
I have just got a new error message when launching Infralution. I can no longer open the program.

I do not understand why am I getting this error now. I have been using the program for four months with out this error.

Database Open Error

I will re-run the wizard but I am concerned if it is going to overwrite anything. I am currently not using an authenticated license system

Id like to know why this is happening as I will switch to an authenticated license soon,

I get the error opening a connection to database now when running the wizard.
tslewis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Datbase Error When Launching Infarlution Reply with quote

tslewis wrote:
tslewis wrote:

Database Open Error

ODD, original issue came about after restarting on to windows from MAC OSX using system properties in MAC OS. After it rebooted in to windows I and the error message when launching infralution. Im using bootcamp with my mac. I then rebooted from within Windows back in to windows and reran infraltion and no error message. I wonder if its a permissions things when rebooting from MAC OSX?
tslewis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Datbase Error When Launching Infarlution Reply with quote

tslewis wrote:
tslewis wrote:
tslewis wrote:

Database Open Error

ODD, original issue came about after restarting on to windows from MAC OSX using system properties in MAC OS. After it rebooted in to windows I and the error message when launching infralution. Im using bootcamp with my mac. I then rebooted from within Windows back in to windows and reran infraltion and no error message. I wonder if its a permissions things when rebooting from MAC OSX?

Im having this issue again .Running the server before launching infralution solve this.

I am not using authenticated licenses.

Why do I have to keep launching a server locally to run ILS? Where are the encrypted license keys stored?

Im confused as I thought it was only necessary to launch the server locally if one was testing an authenticated licensing scheme.

Im a bit concerned as to where my licenses keys are stored and why do I have to keep launching the server?

Cheers
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error you are getting indicates that the SQL Server instance you are connecting to is not accessible. It sounds like a problem with your SQL Server not starting up correctly when run from bootcamp - but I'm not familiar enough with MAC OSX or bootcamp to really give a definite answer.

Quote:
Im having this issue again .Running the server before launching infralution solve this.

Do you mean running the Authentication Server on the local machine?

This should not have any effect on starting license tracker. If it is then the only reason may be because it is connecting to SQL Server and in some way that connection is enabling SQL Server to accept other connections. Definitely wierd.
tslewis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concen is this prevents me from launching livence tracker and i cant access the giu and license keys. Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall license tracker? Where are the livense key data stored?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run the "Configure License Tracker Database" wizard again (from the windows Start > All Programs > Infralution > Licensing System 5 menu) and set it to point at your original License Tracker database.

I don't know how you had this configured originally and whether you were using a local access database or an SQL database. If you were using Access then the default location (under Windows 7/8) is "C:\ProgramData\Infralution\ILS\License.mdb". If you were using an SQL Server database then the default database name is "License".

I would try the access database first (this is the default option when installing ILS). If this database doesn't have your products/license keys then you must have configured License Tracker to use an SQL Server database. You will need to find the server that you created this on.
tslewis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no access file on my hard drive.

I believe when i first installes infralution ils i ised sql server/sql express.

I assumed that that would still store a datbase on my hard drive. I am not using autheticted licensing so do not need to use a server but down the road i will want to do this.

Wher is the sql file stored on the hard drive? I presume its a local location?
tslewis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also do not have sql server or express installed so im guessing this is an issue as i wonr be able to open the sql file. Can i convert the sql file to access for now? Then covert it to sql when i want to use authentication?
Dom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm not going to even pretend that I can answer this for you specifically in relation to Infralution, but a couple of basic points which hopefully will be of help.

Whilst there is a clear migration policy from Access to sql, the reverse is not true, it's not impossible but by no means as easy.

Although you may not (to your knowledge) have specifically installed sql server or Sql server express if you have installed visual studio 2010 or 2012 then you will have sql on your machine. If you haven't already, download and install the free sqlserver express management studio and you should be able to track down the infralution sql database with that.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The License Tracker database configuration wizard (which is run automatically as part of install and also can be run separately) provides the ability to convert between Access and SQL Server in either direction. While Dom is correct that Microsoft provides its own migration tools for Access => SQL Server you should not use these for migrating License Tracker because the schema they produce is quite different to the native SQL Schema used by License Tracker.

The above won't help you at the moment however - because you need to know where you installed your original database. I'm still a bit confused about your configuration and whether the problem only exists when you are running Windows inside a virtual machine on Mac. You indicated earlier that it was working OK if you booted windows directly - is this still the case?
tslewis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the great repsonse.

Yes i have vs2012 istalles but no sql server installed. I have a license of sql server 2012 developer version but i habe not installed it and am gling away totally from it as it seems overkill and im not paying 4k for a licensed version. As i understand the rules for sql developer do not allow me to use it legally.

Yes i have located the local sql sever install on my hard drive. There are a lot of sql files there.

All beiing said and done, i should be able to convert my sql database file fr
Here to an access file, right?

I wish i had known this before, i thought i had to use an sql database if i want to use online authentication. I much prefer to have a single access database file i can back up and locate on my hard drive.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to have SQL Server (either express or full version) running on your machine for License Tracker to be able to connect to and convert the License database to Access. Once you have SQL Server running and can see the Licence database in SQL Management Studio then run the License Tracker database configuration wizard and connect to the SQL Server instance. If you then want to change to an access database run the configuration wizard again and this time select Access and specify a database file that does not exist yet (you can just type the filename in the field). The wizard should then prompt to ask you if you want to copy your existing data into the new database. Select yes to copy the existing data (from your SQL database into the new Access database).
tslewis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
You will need to have SQL Server (either express or full version) running on your machine for License Tracker to be able to connect to and convert the License database to Access. Once you have SQL Server running and can see the Licence database in SQL Management Studio then run the License Tracker database configuration wizard and connect to the SQL Server instance. If you then want to change to an access database run the configuration wizard again and this time select Access and specify a database file that does not exist yet (you can just type the filename in the field). The wizard should then prompt to ask you if you want to copy your existing data into the new database. Select yes to copy the existing data (from your SQL database into the new Access database).

Do I need the 32 bit/64 bit version of SQL express?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

License Tracker can connect to either. If you had already created an SQL database previously then you will need to use the same version of SQL Server as you did when creating the database.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: