Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Authentications work but not recorded

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmunro

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Authentications work but not recorded Reply with quote

This one is a bit strange. I've played with lots of things but nothing seems to work to cure it. The link shows a test with a fresh install of ILS 5.9.1 and a test with just the samples and the localhost authentication server. The sale/key generation works as expected and the authentication of the sample application works as expected. However, the authentication is never recorded in License Tracker /database. I've tried both SQL and Access databases with the same results. Deauthentications show the same behavior, and keys that I have deactivated in License Tracker can still be used successfully to authenticate the application.

http://screencast.com/t/RgzZzTDAkrZ

I seem to be having no luck at all with the new versions.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost certainly the issue is that you have the Authentication server configured to use a separate Authentication database (this is the default for new installations unless you change it by running Install.aspx). In this case you need to use the Authentication > Import Data from Server menu to pull the data into the License Tracker database (not the Refresh menu).

If you want to configure the Authentication Server to connect directly to the same database then you need to configure License Tracker to use SQL Server (using the License Tracker installation wizard) and then run the Install.aspx ASP.NET page to configure the Authentication Server to connect to the same database.
nmunro

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: