Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do we update to ILS 5.9 and IPN.NET 3.7 (server wise)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kccool2

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: How do we update to ILS 5.9 and IPN.NET 3.7 (server wise)? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've never updated this software on my authentication and IPN.NET server. How do I go about doing this without royally screwing it all up?

Is there a standard procedure?

I've updated my binaries, just not my server running the authentication service and the IPN.NET service.

Thanks guys.

All the best,

Kc.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make a backup of your IPN.NET Server and Authentication Server web files first (copy them to your local machine somewhere using an FTP program)

Once you have installed ILS and IPN.NET on your local machine, upload the contents of IpnServer and AuthenticationServer (under Program Files (x86)\Infralution) directories EXCEPT for the Web.Config file and the App_Data directory to your webserver overwriting the existing files.

DO NOT upload the App_Data directory or you will lose your data. If you overwrite the Web.Config file you will lose information about your existing database connection and any other changes you made to the Web.Config. This can be reconfigured but it is better just to use the existing installed Web.Config file.

Once you have uploaded the new server binaries run the Install.aspx page by visiting it in a browser. This will update the database if required.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: