Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allow Drag Above or Below Row?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msalas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Allow Drag Above or Below Row? Reply with quote

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how this feature is intended to work? In my own test project as well as the ADO.Net Dataset Browser sample, I cannot drag a child node above or below another child node anywhere in the heirarchy. In fact the only place I can drag a child node is directly onto another parent of the same type. And in that case it inserts it at the end of that parent's child list. Can I use drag and drop to change the order of the children in a given parent? I have set the AllowDrag, AllowDropAboveRow, AllowDropBelowRow, and AllowDropOnRow properties to True for every data binding in the control.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DataBrowser sample does not use the drag above/below options because ADO.NET data tables do not allow positioning of rows within the data table. The position of the row with the table view is determined by the sort order for the view. Thus all you can really do is move rows between parents.

If you use Object Binding with an array list (or some other list that supports inserting items at specific indices) as a datasource then you should be able to use the drag above/below options to postion the dragged item.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: