Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rene

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Error Reply with quote

I am getting the following error when I enter a license number that is not formatted properly, for example entering the string "aaa" will cause this error to popup. I am currently using Version 2.1.4.0. I tried importing the classes directly to my project but I still got the same error:

A first chance exception of type 'System.FormatException' occurred in infralution.licensing.dll

Additional information: Invalid hexadecimal string

Any ideas, am I doing somethign wrong?
Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you are running this code in the debugger and the debugger is stopping on this exception. This exception is handled by the licensing code - so if you continue everying thing should be OK - the licensing system will display a message saying the key is invalid. If you run outside the debugger you should see this behaviour. You can also use the Debug-Exceptions options in Visual Studio to turn off catch exceptions when they are first thrown if you want to test this behaviour in the debugger without it stopping.
Rene

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely right. I had the "Common Language Runtime Exceptions" set to break into the debugger.

I normally figure out that this is happening but when your code threw this error I didn’t dig into the problem at all and went ahead and posted the problem right away.

My fault, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: