Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ResoureDictionary with localizable resources

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gunters63

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: ResoureDictionary with localizable resources Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a ResourceDictionary with lots of DataTemplates in it. Those DataTemplates have TextBoxes, Grid Headers etc. I want to localize.

When scan this ResourceDictionary xaml file Globalizer puts a

Code:

ResxExtension.DefaultResxName="SonicTC.View.Component.Views.DeviceDataTemplates"

inside the top level ResourceDictionary definition.

Unfortunately this leads to an exception later while loading this file because:

Code:
Object of type 'System.Windows.ResourceDictionary' cannot be converted to type 'System.Windows.DependencyObject'.

Probably because the attached property ResxExtension.DefaultResxName cannot be applied to a ResourceDictionary.

Can i suppress the generation of ResxExtension.DefaultResxName or is there another workaround (except to exclude this file which i don't want)?
gunters63

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the option unter "Set default ResxName".

I had to revert the changes Globalizer made, uncheck this option and scan again.

Setting the default ResxName with an attached property will always fail on ResourceDictionaries. Probably Globalizer can ignore the setting in this case.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - yes you can just turn off this option for Resource Dictionary files - however we will look at ignoring it automatically in these cases.
bdwyer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to re-open this, but is there a way to use the ResXExtension inside resource dictionaries + DataTemplates?

The options listed below address the situation of the scanner automatically messing the dictionaries up, but I still like to use the ResXExtension to handle localization of content within my DataTemplates.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use ResxExtension within ResourceDictionaries - you just have to turn the "Set default ResxName" option off. This means that when Globalizer scans and converts elements to use the ResxExtension it will specify the ResxName for each element (since it can't specify the ResxName at the top level).

Note that you can't use ResxExtension in Style Setters - see the following thread for more information:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2469
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 3.5.0 of Globalizer has been released and fixes this issue so that the DefaultResxName is not set for ResourceDictionaries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: