Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample EncryptedLicenseProvider Custom Generator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magixxfactory

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Sample EncryptedLicenseProvider Custom Generator Reply with quote

Hello,
is there a sample available (or may you provide one) how to use a custom generator (EncryptedLicenseProvider) without Authentication and how to write and read the additional data (like Name and Mail) to the created lic. file ?
Thanks and regards
Uwe
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of ILS are you using?

The Custom Generator sample project included in the latest version 5.8 sets AuthenticationData for the generated License Key. The method is the same for Encrypted License keys except that you set the ProductInfo.

Prior to ILS 5.8 the Custom Generator sample project (and Custom Licensed Application sample project) demonstrated using a custom generator with Encrypted Licenses and ProductInfo.

Last edited by Infralution on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
magixxfactory

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the 5.8.

I looked into the sample and was a little confused as the sample shows the Authentication way. So I also can use the sample also for Encrypted Licenses ?

I will try it and come back if I fail.

Regards
Uwe
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CustomGenerator part is the same except that you set ProductInfo instead of AuthenticationData. Because every character of ProductInfo increases the length of the generated key by 2 characters (in blocks of 8 ) you want to keep the size of the ProductInfo as short as possible. So you definitely don't want to use XML like the AuthenticationData sample does. If you put customer names in the ProductInfo then the license key may also become very long. So another trick is to put a checksum of the name (using LicenseUtilities.Checksum) instead of the name in the ProductInfo - then in your application you have the user enter the name and you check that it matches the CheckSum in the ProductInfo. It depends on how worried you are about long license keys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: