Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does "Revoked Authentications" mean?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soloman817

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: What does "Revoked Authentications" mean? Reply with quote

Hi, I just saw in the ILS Tracker, License Keys tab, and if I expand one license key to show its authentications, I find there is a column called "Revoked Authentications", what does this mean? I always got 0 of that field, even if I delete the authentication from tracker. Does this mean there is a former way to revoke an authentication?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This column is used if your code calls the IsAuthenticated or Reauthenticate method to validate that a license is still authenticated (see this FAQ for details). If the IsAuthenticated or Reauthenticate method is called for an authentication that has been deleted then the Revoked Authentications count is incremented.
soloman817

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused. We are implementing a way to let people can renew their authentication from a website, and in the background, it uses ASP.NET to handle the database.

If a person want to renew their authentication (or called license transferring), then we will delete the old authentication. Then in our program, there is a background thread to verify the license from time to time. So, what we thought is, if we deleted the authentication, then it will return license authentication check error, and then I uninstall the license as you said in the FAQ.

But in this way, where can you set the revoked authentication count? the authentication is already deleted from database!
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Revoked Authentication count is stored against the license key (not the authentication). So when you do your background authentication check (by calling IsAuthenticated or Reauthenticate) if it returns an error then the Authentication Server will increment the Revoked Authentication count for the license key.
soloman817

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, good to know, so it is just a status information stored in the license key, not the authentication. So to transfer a license, it is ok just delete the old authentication.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So to transfer a license, it is ok just delete the old authentication

Yes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: