Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Encrypt localized resource ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxPower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Encrypt localized resource ? Reply with quote

Hi Support Team,

I have an application that loads an assembly dll which uses a localized resource dll : MyApp->MyDll->MyDllResource.
MyDllResource needs to be placed in a subdirectory fr (for example for french)

I've managed to build a bootstrap for MyApp, MyDll and MyDllResource (which are encrypted by NetEncryptor). Unfortunately, MyApp still displays text in English and don't seem to find/load MyDllResource

I've also tried to not encrypt MyDllResource, but it does not work either.

How am I supposed to handle such a case ?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beause of the way localized satellite resource assemblies are loaded they cannot be encrypted. You can however still localize your application by putting the satellite resource assemblies in a sub directory under the directory containing your bootstrap.

For example if you have a bootstrap containing an executable assembly called MyApp.exe and a library assembly called MyLibrary.dll then the french resources for the exe and dll should compiled to a satellite assembly called MyApp.resources.dll and MyLibrary.resources.dll respectively and you put these under a sub-directory called fr eg

Code:
MyBootStrap.exe
fr\MyApp.resources.dll
fr\MyLibrary.resources.dll

MaxPower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already tested the not encrypted french localized resource, but my app still displays english texts.

If I replace both the app and its library by their non encrypted parts, french text is displayed. I guess there's something wrong with my setup.....

Anyway thanks for your quick answer, as always !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: