Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Column autosize error on collapse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MHB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Column autosize error on collapse Reply with quote

Yet another issue to do with dynamic sizing and the order of determining what is visible...

When I have a column with AutoSizePolicy set to AutoSize, there seems to be a problem getting the right column width when collapsing rows. Specifically, if there is a row with a wide column value below the visible columns, and it becomes visible by collapsing a row above it, the column width computation does not take this row into account, so the column is not expanded as it should be.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sample project illustrating this issue would be really helpful - you can email it to support@infralution.com
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the sample project. It is a fairly subtle problem. It only occurs if AutoFitHeight is set for the row and the automatically calculated height is less than the default RowHeight for the tree. In this case the tree does not correctly calculate the number of rows that could be displayed and so may not adjust the automatic column width for rows at the bottom of the control.

The workaround for this is to increase the MinRowHeight to be equal to RowHeight so that AutoFitHeight row height will be the same as non auto fit rows, or you can reduce the default RowHeight so it is equal or less than the auto calculated row height (for your sample this is 14)

We should have a fix for this out soon.
MHB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, it is a rather obscure bug. As I commented in the mail, it took many attempts to get it to display in a sample project. And you're right, it does go away if you increase MinRowHeight. But I think this is just a coincidence, partly because it also goes away if you slightly adjust other parameters, and partly because I already increased MinRowHeight to 18 in my application, due to the problem with displaying an editor inside a cell, and the current problem still appears once in a while.

As I wrote in my first post in this thread, the circumstances revealing the bug are usually different from those in the sample project, so I simply hope it really is the same bug that can be exposed in different ways...

I've seen the problem several times, and when it appears, it's consistently replicatable under those particular circumstances. I have a hard time spotting the common pattern though, and hence had trouble exposing the problem in a sample project.
MHB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that in 2.3.0 you managed to fix the error exposed by my sample project! However, I'm still seeing the original problem, so I'm afraid they were unrelated Sad
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately we are going to need a sample project to resolve this - so see what you can do.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the sample projects - I think we may have finally got to the bottom of this one. Check out the latest release (2.3.1) and let us know if there are still any issues.
MHB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it worked! At least the problem now disappeared in the simplest test I've been using.
Cheers Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: