Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Improve duplicate translation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheitman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Improve duplicate translation Reply with quote

Hi there.

We often change some old label captions from something like
"Name:" to "Name" and on newer ones we use "Name".
In detail we remove that ":" we used earlier.

The problem now is that if I add a new label names "Work area" and press "duplicate translation" it didn't find the value "Work area:" and takes that value except the ":".
Same for "Work area {0}".
So for me it would be nice if I press "duplicate translation" and it won't find a matching entry it is looking for similar entries that means equal text with ignoring .,:;()[] and format string specifiers.
Perhaps is is displaying a dialog that it didn't found something but similar and if it should use this instead. And some selection if it found several values what differ from each other after cleaning up.

Same way in the other direction. I have a translation for "Work" and get a new entry "Work\t". So it should ignore white spaces and just append them. "Work {0}" is another story as it is possible that in translation the "{0}" may have to move before the word.

What do you think about?

Kind regards
Sven
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The automatic duplicate translation is only designed to work when there is an exact match. Anything else would increase the possibility of an incorrect translation. You can however use the lookup window to find translations that are similar to particular words. If you use the Edit Window to enter translations (rather than entering them directly in the translations tab grid) then you can select particular words and press the Lookup button to have them displayed in the Lookup Window. Perhaps we could improve this functionality to allow you to opt for fuzzy matching and also an option to auto lookup based on the currently selected translation.
sheitman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will try that.
Some option to ignore chars like . : white spaces and format string arguments would be really cool and would help me a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: