Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Migrate from Globalizer 1.6.1 to 3.1.1 not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hvchavda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Migrate from Globalizer 1.6.1 to 3.1.1 not working Reply with quote

Hello,

Before sometime for my c# .net(VS 2005 .net framework 2) Desktop application I have created Translator workspace in Globalizer Version 1.6.1 all cultures works fine while I generated assemblies.

After that recently I have upgrade my application code to VS 2010 .net framework 4 and I have created new Globalizer Version 3.1.1 workspace. When I imported Globalizer Version 1.6.1 Translator workspace to Version 3.1.1 workspace my Translation count updates but I could not found any translation which is already done earlier.

Deployed assemblies not displaying strings as per selected culture in application.
I have tested with Chinese (Simplified) language.

Is there any compatibility issue between Version 1.6.1 to Version 3.1.1 ?

Guide me if I have missed anything.

Thanks in advance.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally to upgrade an old Version 1 Globalizer Workspace you would just install Version 3 of Globalizer Developer Edition and then open the Workspace. This will automatically convert it to version 3.

You should ensure that you purchase and install your Version 3 license key before trying to convert existing projects. If you open a Version 1 workspace in an unlicensed (evaluation) Globalizer 3 Developer Edition (or in the Version 3 Translator Edition) then it will warn you (E403) that you have reached your translation limit and only the first 100 translations in the workspace will be displayed and saved in the converted workspace.
hvchavda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for quick replay.

I have tried your suggestion but could not work.

I have Unlimited License for both the Globalizer versions 1.6.1 and 3.1.1 Developer Edition and Translator editions. I am working on Windows7 platform.

I have open my Chinese(Simplified) Translator workspace of version 1.6.1 into the Unlimited License version of Globalizer 3.1.1 Developer Edition then save it. Again I opened it into Globalizer 3.1.1 Translator Edition and re-save it. No errors proper Translation count and Unlimited License for Translator edition everything working fine till now.

After that I have imported this converted 3.1.1 Chinese(Simplified) Translator workspace into my application’s master workspace in Developer Edition. This will increase the count of my Translations but I could not found actual translations of Chinese language. When I save it then reopen it then count also reverted. So import feature didn’t work for Chinese(Simplified) culture. Generated assemblies for Chinese(Simplified) could not work.

When I applied same process for French culture then Globalizer can able to import French strings, Translations count also increased. When I generate assemblies for French culture then it works fine with my application.

So the issue is I could not able to import upgraded Chinese(Simplified) culture(from Version 1.6.1 to 3.1.1) Translations into my newly created Master Workspace(in Version 3.1.1).

Is there any incompatibility between Chinese(Simplified) from Globalizer versions 1.6.1 to 3.1.1 ?

Thank you.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no specific issue that I'm aware of with Chinese (Simplified). Once you have upgraded the original workspace and saved it then both workspaces will be Version 3 anyway.

Why are you creating a new workspace? Why not just use the old (upgraded) workspace?

If you email the two workspaces to support@infralution.com and reference this forum post then we will take a look at what the problem may be.
hvchavda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created new workspace because of old (upgraded) workspace could not work with any culture either Chinese (Simplified) or French.

We can import Chinese and French localized workspace into old (upgraded) workspace but when we creating localized assemblies for application we are not getting any string localized in application.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have created new workspace because of old (upgraded) workspace could not work with any culture either Chinese (Simplified) or French

What do you mean by "could not work"? Did you get an error?

Quote:
We can import Chinese and French localized workspace into old (upgraded) workspace but when we creating localized assemblies for application we are not getting any string localized in application.

Are you trying to do source localization or binary localization (building the satellite assemblies directly)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: